Family Support Worker and ELSA
The Family Support Worker
The School Family Support Worker is here to offer support, advice, guidance and a listening ear to parents of the children at our school. This support can mean different things to different people. Support can be offered to mums and dads with a wide range of issues such as: school attendance/lateness, school transition, behaviour management, confidence building and parenting concerns.
Ways that this support can be offered are:
- One to one contact
- Meetings in school or at home
- Parent support groups
- Drop-in sessions
- Telephone contact both during and out of school hours
- Text message / email contact
- Advocacy—speaking on your behalf
- Accompanying you to parents’ meetings
- Parent lead support groups
The following are links to websites that you may find useful:
- Family Lives Supplies advice and support for families.
- Parent Voice A support and advice service for parents of children with disabilities/additional needs.
- Netmums Parent forum providing support and advice within the North Hampshire area.
- Rushmoor Playschemes Details of playschemes in the local area.
- Disability Challengers Details of playschemes for disabled or children with additional needs.
ELSA – Additional Help within School
There are times when children may, for a number of reasons, such as low self esteem, friendship issues, loss or bereavement etc. need additional help and support at school. If you feel that your child needs this support please contact your child’s class teacher in the first instance.